Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.


You are not connected. Please login or register

No racism or stricter rules

Should the laxed racism rules be changed?

18% 18% [ 2 ]
36% 36% [ 4 ]
9% 9% [ 1 ]
36% 36% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 No racism or stricter rules on Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:22 am

I don't know much about the FFN crowd but I know a lot of y2 my self included enjoyed the "zero tolerance" policy.

Just curious what the new community thinks

View user profile

2 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:26 am

Vicious, aggressive and insulting prejudice should get 1 warning then ban.

Screaming various obscenities over chat comes under the no spamming rules anyway.

It'll be clear what the community are willing to tolerate/enjoy/hate and the admins should act upon that.

View user profile http://www.livestream.com/rutube

3 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:18 am

what ru-box said. And to add to that, if someone is being racist or annoying to the whole server, that's when it becomes a problem. If two people are just in a heated argument its different. Now, if that heated argument becomes annoying and basically becomes mic spam, then it is a warning, kick/ban.

View user profile

4 Hmmmmmmmm... on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 am

Gonna have to say no on this one. Disallowing people words that they can't say is only going to annoy the fuck out of people in a large manor. Its going to limit the amount of compaction that they can use in a conversation and that just isn't cool. Limiting just a few words isn't going to limit the amount a conversation can get heated, its just going to make it grow with a variety of different words that they will end up using. But, then you will have the regulars or newbies that come and and either slip with the word or don't know about the rule and you will end up banning them, pissing them off to the point were they wont come back loosing potential regulars and regulars in general. This could end up to having a no-swearing rule which is just bullshit in my honest opinion. As 'ASHER' said in his post about making the server awesome'r you don't want it to become a giant Daycare center were you have to sit there not play the game and ban/mute/kick the people disobeying these dumb rules. What i'm basically saying is, if I wanna call someone a African American, cracker or insult their sexuality in any way or form, I should be allowed to do so. Whats the harm is just saying words, some kid on the internet is going to get a bit mad cry to his mom and get over it. Thats basically the internet in general isn't it? I mean they're just words not like i'm knocking on their door beating their ass for being black, white or gay. No I'm just expanding my personal dictionary to cause someone verbal harm in our conversation.

View user profile

5 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 pm

DaEliminator wrote:Gonna have to say no on this one. Disallowing people words that they can't say is only going to annoy the fuck out of people in a large manor. Its going to limit the amount of compaction that they can use in a conversation and that just isn't cool. Limiting just a few words isn't going to limit the amount a conversation can get heated, its just going to make it grow with a variety of different words that they will end up using. But, then you will have the regulars or newbies that come and and either slip with the word or don't know about the rule and you will end up banning them, pissing them off to the point were they wont come back loosing potential regulars and regulars in general. This could end up to having a no-swearing rule which is just bullshit in my honest opinion. As 'ASHER' said in his post about making the server awesome'r you don't want it to become a giant Daycare center were you have to sit there not play the game and ban/mute/kick the people disobeying these dumb rules. What i'm basically saying is, if I wanna call someone a African American, cracker or insult their sexuality in any way or form, I should be allowed to do so. Whats the harm is just saying words, some kid on the internet is going to get a bit mad cry to his mom and get over it. Thats basically the internet in general isn't it? I mean they're just words not like i'm knocking on their door beating their ass for being black, white or gay. No I'm just expanding my personal dictionary to cause someone verbal harm in our conversation.


I believe the rule should be put in place so we don't have socially awkward people like you making others uncomfortable with your constant sewage spew of racial slurs.

View user profile

6 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm

I'd rather see a poorly drawn out insult than a sentance with a racial slur. The server is far from a daycare, there's still blood and gibs. Even though some admins don't, it should be a rule to be a
1. Warning
2. Kick
3. Temp ban.
5. Perma.
Skipped four for a reason, figure it out.

View user profile

7 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 pm

exactly the same thing Ru-box and Cudi said.

View user profile

8 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:36 pm

Kraiten wrote:
DaEliminator wrote:Gonna have to say no on this one. Disallowing people words that they can't say is only going to annoy the fuck out of people in a large manor. Its going to limit the amount of compaction that they can use in a conversation and that just isn't cool. Limiting just a few words isn't going to limit the amount a conversation can get heated, its just going to make it grow with a variety of different words that they will end up using. But, then you will have the regulars or newbies that come and and either slip with the word or don't know about the rule and you will end up banning them, pissing them off to the point were they wont come back loosing potential regulars and regulars in general. This could end up to having a no-swearing rule which is just bullshit in my honest opinion. As 'ASHER' said in his post about making the server awesome'r you don't want it to become a giant Daycare center were you have to sit there not play the game and ban/mute/kick the people disobeying these dumb rules. What i'm basically saying is, if I wanna call someone a African American, cracker or insult their sexuality in any way or form, I should be allowed to do so. Whats the harm is just saying words, some kid on the internet is going to get a bit mad cry to his mom and get over it. Thats basically the internet in general isn't it? I mean they're just words not like i'm knocking on their door beating their ass for being black, white or gay. No I'm just expanding my personal dictionary to cause someone verbal harm in our conversation.


I believe the rule should be put in place so we don't have socially awkward people like you making others uncomfortable with your constant sewage spew of racial slurs.

elim, I see where your coming from, and although I do not completely agree, I see what your saying. But you got to keep in mind, a new player might not want to return to the server because of the excessive racism, just as he might not want to return because of using a racial slur and getting kicked.

View user profile

9 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:40 pm

In response to the "PRO RACISM" opinions this is how I see it. Everybody can agree that trolling punks are annoying as all hell. The type of person that comes into a server spewing racist statements/words around is essentially trolling the whole server.

If i make the statement "YOU JOE BLOW ARE A FUCKING IDIOT" then Joe blow has been insulted your mission to rage at Joe Blow is accomplished...

If on the other hand you say "YOU JOE BLOW ARE A FUCKING N+()#@R COCK SUCKING F%!#@T BLA BLA BLA" Then you have effectively insulted any number of people in the server very directly or indirectly.

If you have a desire to piss off lots of people in the server with words you are to chick shit to say to people IRL then your just trolling.

View user profile

10 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:47 pm

cudi wrote:
elim, I see where your coming from, and although I do not completely agree, I see what your saying. But you got to keep in mind, a new player might not want to return to the server because of the excessive racism, just as he might not want to return because of using a racial slur and getting kicked.

From what I have experienced after playing exclusively in a zero tolerance server for over a year is that the type of player who gets a warning about a racial slur and says "FUCK THAT IM GONA KEEP SAYING IT" is the same player that will ignore melee rules or any server rules for that matter. If they opt to get themselves banned by repeatedly breaking the rules then the server is better off for it.

View user profile

11 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:03 pm

cudi wrote:
Kraiten wrote:
DaEliminator wrote:Gonna have to say no on this one. Disallowing people words that they can't say is only going to annoy the fuck out of people in a large manor. Its going to limit the amount of compaction that they can use in a conversation and that just isn't cool. Limiting just a few words isn't going to limit the amount a conversation can get heated, its just going to make it grow with a variety of different words that they will end up using. But, then you will have the regulars or newbies that come and and either slip with the word or don't know about the rule and you will end up banning them, pissing them off to the point were they wont come back loosing potential regulars and regulars in general. This could end up to having a no-swearing rule which is just bullshit in my honest opinion. As 'ASHER' said in his post about making the server awesome'r you don't want it to become a giant Daycare center were you have to sit there not play the game and ban/mute/kick the people disobeying these dumb rules. What i'm basically saying is, if I wanna call someone a African American, cracker or insult their sexuality in any way or form, I should be allowed to do so. Whats the harm is just saying words, some kid on the internet is going to get a bit mad cry to his mom and get over it. Thats basically the internet in general isn't it? I mean they're just words not like i'm knocking on their door beating their ass for being black, white or gay. No I'm just expanding my personal dictionary to cause someone verbal harm in our conversation.


I believe the rule should be put in place so we don't have socially awkward people like you making others uncomfortable with your constant sewage spew of racial slurs.

elim, I see where your coming from, and although I do not completely agree, I see what your saying. But you got to keep in mind, a new player might not want to return to the server because of the excessive racism, just as he might not want to return because of using a racial slur and getting kicked.

I understand what your saying also. Unfortunately I wrote that at 5 in the morning and I was really tired.. so I got about 10 of my thoughts mixed up and what I wanted to say didn't come out. I suppose I can put it is that, Its really just a word and don't allow just a word to hurt you. I mean, If someone is sitting there in the server directly insulting a race yes, they should be warned and then kicked/banned. But, if you wanna use it recreational by just messing around with friends calling them names a such that should be allowed. People should be allowed to have fun as long as that aren't calling direct harm by directly insulting a race.. People are just having fun most of the time. Hopefully I can get out my point this time.. I can be hypocritical sometimes.

View user profile

12 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:16 am

Here's the thing: from my personal view, I don't consider the word n*gger to be racist. Sure, you don't want to go around spewing it out in public, but i don't find it bad, BY ITSELF. If you call Tyrone a c*ck sucking n*gger, then I would call you out on racism. If white people are considered racist for using the word n*gger towards black people, then shouldn't the word cracker be considered racist because blacks use it towards whites? My point is, don't ban the word itself, ban the people who use it with other vicious statements.

View user profile

13 Re: No racism or stricter rules on Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:41 pm

natopotato wrote:
cudi wrote:
elim, I see where your coming from, and although I do not completely agree, I see what your saying. But you got to keep in mind, a new player might not want to return to the server because of the excessive racism, just as he might not want to return because of using a racial slur and getting kicked.

From what I have experienced after playing exclusively in a zero tolerance server for over a year is that the type of player who gets a warning about a racial slur and says "FUCK THAT IM GONA KEEP SAYING IT" is the same player that will ignore melee rules or any server rules for that matter. If they opt to get themselves banned by repeatedly breaking the rules then the server is better off for it.

I agree completely with what nato is saying, and he brings up a very good point. I'm sure no one here wants a rule breaker tearing through the server disregarding all rules as if they were mere suggestions. Without rules like this, they'll be able to be as hateful / immature / etc as they want, and break the rules they want, without a definite line. So, yes to the "zero tolerance" rule.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum