Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:23 pm

ESSENTIAL

1. GOOMBA STOMP - I cannot empasize this one enough, it is SO fucking fun. CANNOT be overused as it is VERY DIFFICULT to land on someone.

2. MELEE VOTE - Set the vote percentage to something high like 90%, I don't care, melee voting is CASH.

3. VOTE KICK - I don't think I need to explain the necessity for this one

4. MORE THAN 6 SECONDS of MICSPAM - Also self-explanatory.

NON-ESSENTIAL BUT WOULD BE COOL

1. UNLIMITED MICSPAM - I could entertain this server for hours with music (nostalgia/old vidya music, funny stuff).

2. HIGH FIVES or SIMILAR ANIMATIONS - So much fun but can be buggy.

3. DONATOR BENEFITS - End of round immunity, Kill your teamates after round-end, Glows etc etc...

4. ALLOW RACISM & OFFENSIVE SPRAYS - PLS GOD don't turn this into a DAYCARE like FFN. THE GAME IS RATED MATURE FFS, DON'T TREAT US LIKE CHILDREN.

5. SAYSOUNDS - This is what the PartyVan uses, basicly someone types in a word into chat then the SERVER plays the sound clientside. I can even upload the ENTIRE PartyVans SAYSOUND folder so we could start with HUNDREDS of sounds.

Ill post more if I think of them.

View user profile

2 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:10 pm

NEW IDEA: Incorporate SAXTON HALE levels into the rotation, sometimes we need a break from arena.

View user profile

3 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:28 pm

I agree with all your essential ideas. The only thing that I don't like is unlimited micspam. Not everyone likes hearing loud songs playing the entire time. We wouldn't do that unless the whole server approved of it.

View user profile

4 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:42 pm

I agree with this + randomizer mod Very Happy

View user profile

5 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:05 pm

ASHER wrote:ESSENTIAL

1. GOOMBA STOMP - I cannot empasize this one enough, it is SO fucking fun. CANNOT be overused as it is VERY DIFFICULT to land on someone.
An Auto kill from any hight? This sounds awful.Even if it's "VERY DIFFICULT" to use, it adds little and distracts from what TF2 should be.

2. MELEE VOTE - Set the vote percentage to something high like 90%, I don't care, melee voting is CASH.
The idea is nice, but if there's a small amount of people on and a group of friends, they'll dominate the vote. Democracy isn't always far, and people joining the server will probably be turned away by such a thing occurring while they join.

If this isn't already on the server, it should be. Good suggestion.

I'm assuming you either mean after the 6 seconds the person will be kicked. I'd rather have a message pop up giving a warning. This would be heard to make seeing as
A.) You need to define micspam (somebody shouting/talking too much, or a program[hldj]). If you are referring to hldj, there are already scripts that mute people who use it. If Y2FN has somebody who knows how to make such a thing and put it into game, if they have the effort I think I believe it would be worth it.

1. UNLIMITED MICSPAM - I could entertain this server for hours with music (nostalgia/old vidya music, funny stuff).
What do you want, no mic-spam, or mic-spam? Just because something is old or sounds nice to you, doesn't mean the rest of the server will like it.

No.

3. DONATOR BENEFITS - End of round immunity, Kill your teamates after round-end, Glows etc etc...
Seeing as FF isn't enabled when the round ends, part of your idea is useless. Giving unusual effects to people/weapons is not a good idea. It'll slow down the server, and effect visuals for others.

4. ALLOW RACISM & OFFENSIVE SPRAYS - PLS GOD don't turn this into a DAYCARE like FFN. THE GAME IS RATED MATURE FFS, DON'T TREAT US LIKE CHILDREN.
Nope. Even though people in congress and the supreme court are adults, they still have to deal with racism, at no age should it become acceptable.

5. SAYSOUNDS - This is what the PartyVan uses, basicly someone types in a word into chat then the SERVER plays the sound clientside. I can even upload the ENTIRE PartyVans SAYSOUND folder so we could start with HUNDREDS of sounds.
Mic-spam with the ease of not having to edit clips and run a program is bad. Griefing/spamming would probably be endless if this was added.

View user profile

6 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:09 pm

LOL! "RACISM ISNT ACCEPTABLE GUISE"

Who is this guy??

We make fun of MONKEYS ALL the time on this server. Better learn to deal w/it Soccer Mom err I mean Credesniper.

And just wait until you see some of my sprays! LOL.

The rest of your response are basicaly "NOPE! THAT WOULD BE TOO MUCH FUN".

View user profile

7 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:17 pm

I still don't understand why Goomba Stomping is "Essential". Personally, i never liked it.

View user profile

8 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:31 pm

Never liked it??
I'd bet money almost ALL of you have never even seen it before much less used it.

I think we should give it a try (which everyone seems to be afraid to do) and i'd bet money you end up loving it

View user profile

9 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:12 pm

ASHER wrote:LOL! "RACISM ISNT ACCEPTABLE GUISE"

Who is this guy??

We make fun of MONKEYS ALL the time on this server. Better learn to deal w/it Soccer Mom err I mean Credesniper.

I'm sorry if your views differ from mine, but I just don't think racism is acceptable.

As for my "no fun policy", our views of fun differ. I prefer vanilla, you prefer a few mods in a server. To each his own.

View user profile

10 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:24 pm

Also, I dont give a SHIT if glow effects slow down people ancient PC's.

TF2 is NOT a resource heavy game, im sure fucking IPAD2s could run it ffs, if your PC has trouble running it then ITS TIME TO GET A NEW PC OR VID CARD.

Peoples enjoyment should not be limited because 1-2 people are cheap/running ancient equipment.

View user profile

11 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:19 pm

I was just thinking for overall people. Keep "glows" to a minimum and it'd be a-okay.

Sadly, my computer is beyond upgrading because it's so "ancient". Unusual hats lower my already low fps.

View user profile

12 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:08 am

ASHER wrote:Also, I dont give a SHIT if glow effects slow down people ancient PC's.

TF2 is NOT a resource heavy game, im sure fucking IPAD2s could run it ffs, if your PC has trouble running it then ITS TIME TO GET A NEW PC OR VID CARD.

Peoples enjoyment should not be limited because 1-2 people are cheap/running ancient equipment.

That's a pretty unhealthy attitude. Making the server playable for everyone is more important than some glittery nonsense.

View user profile

13 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:43 am

Sure is DRAMA in here.

View user profile

14 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:38 am

Admin

Admin
Admin
Asher, while we do allow what is considered racist language, I do not tolerate actual racist sentiment. We're all part of one race, the human one.

I'll appreciate you not continue to prod that particular point and I'll continue to let you use the N-word as long as it doesn't go to excess.

View user profile http://y2fn.team-talk.net

15 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:51 pm

ASHER wrote:ESSENTIAL

Ill post more if I think of them.

1. IMO your super fun awesome rasism should be shared with your buddies who are equally into those things.... not in a public gaming community...

2. IMO we all have access to radios and pod casts. The likelhood that you can please 20 people in a public game is just incredibly unlikely. forcing the majority to mute spammers so that the minority can enjoy it does not make any sense at all. Skype and other services are available to provide private groups with a place to share music etc.

View user profile

16 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:57 pm

ASHER wrote:LOL! "RACISM ISNT ACCEPTABLE GUISE"

Who is this guy??

Do u seriously behave like this irl... this is just sad.

View user profile

17 Sm admin on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:16 am

GET SM ADMIN. It has a menu, lots of customization, such as lots of plugins and a forum just for the plugins, and is easier to use than rcon. :/

View user profile

18 Re: WHAT SEREVR NEEDS TO BE AWESOME on Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:23 pm

These are definetly some very good ideas, but im not sure if we are gonna be able to put them all on, but we will deffinetly have some of them.

thanks for the suggestions Cool

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum