Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Re-Downloading the server files?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Re-Downloading the server files? on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:32 pm

Carbon

avatar
Y2FC
Y2FC
Is it necessary for the same files to be downloaded every time we connect to the server or change maps? It isn't really a big issue, but I'm pretty sure this is something that can be fixed.

View user profile

2 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:56 pm

It's pretty annoying. :\

View user profile

3 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:02 am

Weak_Y2FC


Clan Leader
Clan Leader
As far as I know, it's a graphical glitch, your not really downloading those files over and over, it's actually loading the next map, as you may notice, after you "download" those admin files, the map instantly is ready to play. If you weren't seeing yourself download those files, you'd see "server loading". If you feel this is not correct, do give me a copy of the list your seeing and I will see about removing them.

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015427849

4 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:03 am

Weak_Y2FC wrote:As far as I know, it's a graphical glitch, your not really downloading those files over and over, it's actually loading the next map, as you may notice, after you "download" those admin files, the map instantly is ready to play. If you weren't seeing yourself download those files, you'd see "server loading". If you feel this is not correct, do give me a copy of the list your seeing and I will see about removing them.

I hmmmm I am on a pretty slow connection (356k) and it takes a good 30 seconds to download the sound bytes or whatever.... I ALWAYS miss the first round now and never did before,... So i think it is downloading them... not sure how I could be sure of that tho.

View user profile

5 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:04 am

natopotato wrote:
Weak_Y2FC wrote:As far as I know, it's a graphical glitch, your not really downloading those files over and over, it's actually loading the next map, as you may notice, after you "download" those admin files, the map instantly is ready to play. If you weren't seeing yourself download those files, you'd see "server loading". If you feel this is not correct, do give me a copy of the list your seeing and I will see about removing them.

I hmmmm I am on a pretty slow connection (356k) and it takes a good 30 seconds to download the sound bytes or whatever.... I ALWAYS miss the first round now and never did before,... So i think it is downloading them... not sure how I could be sure of that tho.

Also My map is Never instantly ready to play after the download.... after the download i get 20 or so seconds of "sending client info" blah then i can play

View user profile

6 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:51 pm

Weak_Y2FC


Clan Leader
Clan Leader
Please post here, the names of the sound bites in question, i'll remove them promptly

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015427849

7 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:46 pm

I agree with potato, i think it is still downloading stuff, before i only went through
Sever Changing Map > Parsing Game Info > Sending Client Info > Play.
Now its
Server Changing Map > Parsing Game Info > Downloading (Admin Sound) > Downloading (Second Admin Sound) > Sending Client Info > Play.
I don't think that its replacing steps, but rather creating new ones.

View user profile

8 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:44 am

Weak_Y2FC wrote:Please post here, the names of the sound bites in question, i'll remove them promptly
Figured it out, its an Adminplugin/restrictedweapon sound.

View user profile

9 Re: Re-Downloading the server files? on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:32 pm

There are several (4-5) sound bytes. I always forget what they are though. My connection is prob the only one slow enough to allow me to read them lol.

I did find a fix though.

Under Multiplayer options

Choose> "Do not download server files"

if you choose this option you will not dl the y2 server files but some other servers wont let you join them.

Choose> "Do not download sound files"

This option will eliminate all but 1 file on the y2 server and you can join all other games except custom maps you don't have.

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum