Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

nintendo 3DS

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 nintendo 3DS on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:51 am

Curious to see what everyones opinions are on it, i know im getting it, just cant get enough nintendo.

hoping to see good release titles though, not cheesy "HERES THE 3D DS Very Happy AND ITS 3D!!" type-a-thing.

View user profile

2 Re: nintendo 3DS on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 pm

I hope to get it the day it comes out. I have never been more excited for a system (handheld or console). And there will be shovelware. Expect every single game to be using the 3D for at least a while (much like how if a DS game out early in the DS's lifespan, it was just shocking if it didn't use touchscreen). Since some of the launch games have already been released in Japan, there are reviews up already.

But the 3DS is giving me a special feeling between my legs. Wink

Why am I excited for the 3DS (aka, why do I want to slap you when you ask, "So it's just a DS that's 3D? Not worth $250):
1. Third party support. Seriously. Look up all the companies and not become overjoyed. If you don't, compare it to that of previous Nintendo systems. When was the last time you saw a Metal Gear game on a Nintendo system?
2. A seemingly good online shop. DSi one? No comment. Virtual console type deal is awesome.
3. IT'S GOT THE POWAH!

Not to mention a bunch of smaller things that will be nice little bonuses.

Like f'realsies.

View user profile

3 Re: nintendo 3DS on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm looking forward to it, just not sure if it's worth 250 bucks.

Though I really wanna get the new Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and Paper Mario for sure.

View user profile

4 Re: nintendo 3DS on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:32 pm

starry- wrote:Paper Mario

Yes.

View user profile

5 Re: nintendo 3DS on Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:52 am

Well im sold on getting it first day, now to decide on the launch title i get

View user profile

6 Re: nintendo 3DS on Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:45 pm

meh. I'll stick with my DSLite. Recently, i've become more and more pulled away from portable gaming. Except for Disgaea: Dark Hero Days. I could litterally play that FOREVER.

EDIT: Oh, but i am looking forward to Pokemon B&W (Comes out tommorow, at time of posting Very Happy )

View user profile

7 Re: nintendo 3DS on Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

I heard everybody is getting some crazy headache from the 3ds? is that true or just a few ppl bitching?

View user profile

8 Re: nintendo 3DS on Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:04 pm

It's a combination of a few people bitching, a lot of people overreacting (and not being smart), and ignorant people playing parrot.

Are people getting big headaches from it? Yes. I'm sure people are.

From my experience from it (got it at launch), it's something you got to adjust to. It's a new experience, and it does tire the eyes, especially at first. However, that's why they suggested playing it for half an hour, then a 10 minute break. After playing it enough, I really don't find any strain on the eyes anymore. However, I bet a lot of people are just playing it nonstop and when they get strain, they post online saying "OMG! NINTENDO'S MAKING ME BLIND!"

And then there are people who see those posts and just spread it like wildfire.

My opinion on the 3DS: It will be amazing. As of now, it's cool. It's a neat toy with a couple fun things to mess around with. Game selection at the moment is minimal. I own Samurai Warrior: Chronicles and Street Fighter. Both of these convince me that the Nintendo 3DS will be a work of art when more hardhitting games come out for it. And I'm pretty sure they'll be coming out this year.

View user profile

9 Re: nintendo 3DS on Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:50 am

Maeglin wrote:My opinion on the 3DS: It will be amazing. As of now, it's cool. It's a neat toy with a couple fun things to mess around with. Game selection at the moment is minimal. I own Samurai Warrior: Chronicles and Street Fighter. Both of these convince me that the Nintendo 3DS will be a work of art when more hardhitting games come out for it. And I'm pretty sure they'll be coming out this year.

But just how good is the 3D aspect of it? is it kinda flat still or does it really pop out?

View user profile

10 Re: nintendo 3DS on Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:52 am

Um... No?

It's not THREEEEEE-DEEEEEEEEE (imagine someone holding up three fingers moving it in front of your face and back again). AKA, it's not pop-out-in-front-of-you-look!-I'm-a-gimmick-3D (partially since that's just silly and partially since the screen probably isn't big enough to have stuff pop out as much). It is depth. And as for that depth, it works. The common response I get when I hand it to someone who wants to try my 3DS is "Whoa, it actually works!"

View user profile

11 Re: nintendo 3DS on Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:15 am

Im gona have to check one of these out at gamestop or something,.... I want to KNOWWWW what gimmick 3d looks like!!!! ARGGGG

View user profile

12 Re: nintendo 3DS on Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:04 am

Yeah, I hear it's pretty great too. I'd like to see it for myself.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum