Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

MOTD rules

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:00 pm

As it currently stands, these are the only rules shown when you enter the server:

1. No Mic Spam
2. No Racism or Political/Religious/Scientific Discussion
3. No Exploits

Personally, I feel we should add in some things. For example, people have been banned for sexist remarks before. While I agree that this should be kind of expected, I'd say the same thing goes with no racism. I'd also say we should disallow any discriminatory talk. This includes racism, sexism, sexual-preference-ism, etc.

Also, just so people complain less, we should put some disclaimer such as "We reserve the right to ban without warning if we see the offense as being severe."

View user profile

2 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 5:22 pm

Maeglin wrote:As it currently stands, these are the only rules shown when you enter the server:

1. No Mic Spam
2. No Racism or Political/Religious/Scientific Discussion
3. No Exploits

Personally, I feel we should add in some things. For example, people have been banned for sexist remarks before. While I agree that this should be kind of expected, I'd say the same thing goes with no racism. I'd also say we should disallow any discriminatory talk. This includes racism, sexism, sexual-preference-ism, etc.

Also, just so people complain less, we should put some disclaimer such as "We reserve the right to ban without warning if we see the offense as being severe."
I think we could just separate the two pieces of 2 into "No discrimination of any form" and "No Political/Religious/Scientific Discussion." I also think that adding one about being rude towards other players warranting a temporary ban.

View user profile

3 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:31 pm

Dr.Aster

As I see it the rules should be as follows

No Harassment (Inc Racism, sexism)
No HLSS or equivalent
No serious or drawn out discussions/arguments
No hacks or exploits

View user profile

4 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:12 pm

Also include that you are not allowed to just generally spam the mic (i.e., don't scream in it wildly). So no HLDJ/HLSS/equivalent or excessive or inappropriate mic usage (latter being don't eat your mic).

View user profile

5 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:34 pm

Dr.Aster

I'm iffy about your version of the micspam rules because a lot of people seem to think I talk to much, my voice is ignoring. I dunno how many times I've heard people say "can we voteban Dr. Aster?" and I'm like "lol no" but I do try to shut up a little bit more afterwards.

View user profile

6 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:14 pm

I wouldn't describe it as excessive. The only time one could argue it is excessive would be when you advertise the forums and when you do that it's a simple clan-based formality I'd say.

And we need something so people don't just ramble on and on in the mic (you can ignore, but an admin should be able to say "You aren't allowed to do that, it's in the rules"). I mean, I could recite the whole "I was playing some TF2 today" thing without HLDJ, but that'd kinda still be micspam.

View user profile

7 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Dr.Aster

In my mind, my little spiel about the forums is a good alternative to adverts on motd or god forbid just spamming the adverts in the chatbox every few minutes. Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: MOTD rules on Fri Feb 11, 2011 4:44 am

Ulyk_Butsekz

(I know this overlaps with exploits and mic spam) But no ghosting (bastards who type it in team chat are the worst)! This is mainly a problem with kids that join the server... stand-still/hiding cnd spies and fake afk sticky spawn demos are exceptions of course, cause that's just wasting everybody's time Neutral

View user profile

9 Re: MOTD rules on Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:06 pm

Ulyk_Butsekz wrote:(I know this overlaps with exploits and mic spam) But no ghosting (bastards who type it in team chat are the worst)! This is mainly a problem with kids that join the server... stand-still/hiding cnd spies and fake afk sticky spawn demos are exceptions of course, cause that's just wasting everybody's time Neutral

Yes, we definitely need a no ghosting rule. I see so many people constantly ghosting, it just gets annoying.

View user profile

10 Re: MOTD rules on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:27 am

Dr.Aster

The problem that arises with this is that weak prefers there be a limited number of rules so it doesn't seem overbearing.

View user profile

11 Re: MOTD rules on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:57 am

Dr.Aster wrote:The problem that arises with this is that weak prefers there be a limited number of rules so it doesn't seem overbearing.

4 rules, or maybe 5, doesn't seem overbearing

View user profile

12 Re: MOTD rules on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:20 pm

After a great deal of game play and having a number of people banned from the server I think that the only real hole I see in the rules is changing the following...

"no racism" to
"no harassment/bigotry/discrimination"

I cannot tell you how many times I have heard some 20 something year old sexually/explicitly harass the 10, 11, 12 year old kid that makes the apparently massive mistake of talking on mic.

I mean common psycho pedo harassment should be against the stated rules.

I have never had a real problem with ghosting, It happens occasionally but it is usually shutdown by both teams. Perhaps a vague "don't be an ass" line could be added.

As far as people feeling that the rules could be received as "Overbearing" a very large number of people already avoid (or are banned) the server because our server has a reputation of being "overbearing", "uptight", "Lame".... Usually these words are usually coming from the people that think its cool to say the N word etc.

The "overbearing" rules and meanie admins are why the mass of players/regulars love the server.

View user profile

13 Re: MOTD rules on Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:27 pm

Oh and lastly, I don't think that talking to much should be against the rules. Being obnoxious/mic spamming/hldj etc are not the same thing as talking a lot. I think that if somebody is talking and not breaking the rules then ppl who are annoyed by their voice/convo can mute them or ask them to tone it down.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum