Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birthday Hats

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 pm

So since my birthday is this Friday I was thinking that we should start birthday hat gifts. (Since it was my idea we can skip my birthday.) The idea I had was that I will give the next person who has a birthday a free hat. Then on the next person's birthday the previous hat receiver will give a hat to the current birthday person and so on so it will be like a chain of birthday hats. (If people change their birthdays then this plan will obviously not work so please be honest.)

Post beneath to sign up to be a birthday hat giver or reciever!

Hatters:
Dr. Aster
Maeglin
MoG

Hatees:
Maeglin
MoG
Clinex

View user profile

2 Re: Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:33 pm

Dr.Aster

I'd absolutely love to be a hat giver!

View user profile

3 Re: Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:24 pm

Oo... That sounds like fun. I'm in!

View user profile

4 Re: Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Dr.Aster

hatter or hatee? or both

View user profile

5 Re: Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:26 pm

Hm? Don't you have to be both? Or am I misinterpreting? It sounds to me like it's this:

A,B,C,D,E,F have birthdays in the order I listed.

A gives present to B on B's bday
B gives present to C on C's bday
C gives present to D on D's bday
D gives present to E on E's bday
E gives present to F on F's bday
F gives present to A on A's bday
REPEAT!

View user profile

6 Re: Birthday Hats on Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm

Maeglin wrote:Hm? Don't you have to be both? Or am I misinterpreting? It sounds to me like it's this:

A,B,C,D,E,F have birthdays in the order I listed.

A gives present to B on B's bday
B gives present to C on C's bday
C gives present to D on D's bday
D gives present to E on E's bday
E gives present to F on F's bday
F gives present to A on A's bday
REPEAT!
That's what I was saying only in a much less coherent and concise way.

Edit: My terrible grammar makes this sound like I'm saying Maeglin is saying it worse. I meant to say I worded it poorly Razz

View user profile

7 Re: Birthday Hats on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:55 am

Dr.Aster

I figured it could just be random or people could just decide for themselves. Or even better was I was thinking each hatter could give the hatee a hat, thusly you get like 5 hats on your birthday, not just one!

Being a hatter is a big responsibility and shows off your wealth ;3

View user profile

8 Re: Birthday Hats on Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:51 pm

Dr.Aster wrote:I figured it could just be random or people could just decide for themselves. Or even better was I was thinking each hatter could give the hatee a hat, thusly you get like 5 hats on your birthday, not just one!

Being a hatter is a big responsibility and shows off your wealth ;3

Meh... I feel like that would create a dichotomy though. Hatters, hattees. Haves, have-nots. Bourgeoisie, proletariat. It might make it seem like the hatters are those in power round these parts. I feel the chain would make it more of a community.

View user profile

9 Re: Birthday Hats on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:37 pm

Dr.Aster

Still, people who don't have hats can't necessarily get one and give one. I still say it's up to the person. Like me, I don't need a bunch of hats or want them. I have the hats I like. So I'm just a hatter. You can sign up to be either or both :3

EDIT: Also if anyone thinks hatters are more powerful or special or get special treatment thats just silly. The only thing that defines power around here is your KDR :3

View user profile

10 Re: Birthday Hats on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:10 pm

But if you get a hat, you have a hat which you can give. So unless you trade it, it's possible. And if you trade it knowing you'll be unable to give, well... afro

...I was gonna do an angry face, but I saw that... Plus I have an afro, so I got to use it sooner or later!

Anyway, eh. I dunno. Plus I'm not sure how many people will be willing to give a hat every birthday. I mean, if we get 52 people on the forums, that's a hat a Weak... I mean week, so it's a little much...

View user profile

11 Re: Birthday Hats on Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Dr.Aster

:3 I'm cool with a hat a week. If we're giving out hats weekly I'm sure it'll garner some attention. Ultimately we're just coercing people to donate anyways! :PPPPP

View user profile

12 Re: Birthday Hats on Thu Feb 10, 2011 11:56 pm

Woo it's my birthday. And I'm up at 2 in the morning doing homework Razz
Well maybe one of these days playing TF2 at this hour will be acceptable.

View user profile

13 Re: Birthday Hats on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:50 pm

I want to get hats. If you check out my backpack I have two vintage hats but they are sentimental to me. If I do get extra hats then I MIGHT BE ABLE TO GIVE.
My birthday is n August 2.

View user profile

14 Re: Birthday Hats on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:45 pm

Im game for this, makes us sound more like a community. i think i got lots of hats i can spare(i think), maybe, if not i could pass my hatters hat to my hattee.

Mines May 6th

View user profile

15 Re: Birthday Hats on Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:33 pm

I'm up for this, as well, i've got a hat or two i'd be willing to scarf up for anyone who's birthday is after July 4th.

Mine is July 3rd

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum