Where you come to talk about your second favorite server.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Weak could we pretty please add seperate alltalk/team talk chat channels

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I would always opt for team chat to be on but common valve how hard would it be to have 2 voice chat buttons just like when chatting. Evil or Very Mad

After discovering this was possible on any server I (Dr. Aster) Have once again edited this post to make it a plea for this to be implemented, it is after all a popular idea.

View user profile
That's actually a pretty good idea.

View user profile

Ulyk_Butsekz

I too fail to understand why this hasn't been implemented. It's so simple to do too... :/ They'll just keep giving us hats to cover up any possible improvements.

View user profile
I am really hoping that there is some MASSIVE technical reason related to the integral framework of the hl2 engine Smile..... (even tho they just don't want to bother mapping another button....)

Hey, what about a server side add-on? it seems plausible?

View user profile

Dr.Aster

Theres no reason something like this could not be implemented in an update. It's a great idea but valve won't do it. The game has been out for 3 years and 4 months.

View user profile
Doesn't mean they won't change it. I mean, they've added kinda big things before, this isn't out of the realm of possibility. Unlikely? Maybe. But it might happen!

View user profile
They added trading, they added unlockable items, they added hit sounds and damage numbers, and they ADDED HATS.

I'm sure they could eventually do this.

View user profile
It already exists, it was possible on the rage server. Just involves some key binding and console work.

View user profile
Kraiten wrote:It already exists, it was possible on the rage server. Just involves some key binding and console work.

Thanks Kraiten, Do you have ANY info on this, I would be willing to spend some time researching/configuring this so weak can drop it in the server.

View user profile

Dr.Aster

Yeah this would be great

View user profile

11 what on Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Weak_Y2FC

Clan Leader
Clan Leader
EH? I don't understand...you mean, 2 different voice buttons? as far as I know it cannot be done and I don't recall this being on RAGE either, that place was a craphole, don't ever bring up that wretched clan here, or you'll be banned

View user profile http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198015427849
It was, but it wasn't used very much by anyone on there. Here it is though if you're interested in implementing it, Weak. http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=889674

View user profile

Dr.Aster

I strongly believe that despite current feelings about a certain server, this could be a huge advantage to some more tactical players such as myself.

View user profile
People may try to get away by ghosting by talking in their team channel. Rolling Eyes

View user profile
starry- wrote:People may try to get away by ghosting by talking in their team channel. Rolling Eyes

I seriously doubt this would be any sort of issue. The advantages to this would be incredible.

Ps. Dr Aster did you have to edit my thread to make it look like I said "weak pretty please..."
ROFL

View user profile
Plus if we have enough active mods/admins online, that wouldn't be an issue.

View user profile
Maeglin wrote:Plus if we have enough active mods/admins online, that wouldn't be an issue.

But it doesn't seem like we have multiple mods on at once.

View user profile
Well thar's the problem.

View user profile
We have enough regulars on either team who would be willing to report it for it to not matter.

View user profile

Dr.Aster

it`s pretty damn clear I edited it. On the note of ghosting between the mod staff and the players here who make it clear we don`t want ghosting it should be fine.

View user profile
I would support this, if i had a mic.

(technically I do, but it's a guitar hero mic)

View user profile

Dr.Aster

I used to use a rock band mic. Plug it in the usb then put it in your shirt. (Females have an easier time keeping it in place) A little McGuivering and you'll have a fine working mic. The voice quality is okay on them thingies

View user profile
Dr.Aster wrote:Females have an easier time keeping it in place

What? Why would that be?

But yeah, we should at least make sure that there's some mod on Steam and able to be contacted and use the banhammer if need be (e.g. "Stop ghosting." "I'll do what I want.").

View user profile
Maeglin wrote:

What? Why would that be?

But yeah, we should at least make sure that there's some mod on Steam and able to be contacted and use the banhammer if need be (e.g. "Stop ghosting." "I'll do what I want.").

Lol, you guys are blowing the ghosting thing way outa the water.... the y2fc server basicily has every pro ghosting feature there is turned on (enemy spec, alltalk, deadtalk, etc) and I rarely hear ghosting. If it happends everybody on both teams rips the guy a new one. So no worries

View user profile
natopotato wrote:
Maeglin wrote:

What? Why would that be?

Lol, you guys are blowing the ghosting thing way outa the water.... the y2fc server basicily has every pro ghosting feature there is turned on (enemy spec, alltalk, deadtalk, etc) and I rarely hear ghosting. If it happends everybody on both teams rips the guy a new one. So no worries
I'm not sure if ghosting is that big of a problem, in arena at least (unless said ghostee is a spy). In any type of deathmatch gamemode, a good tactic is to keep moving, and if they aren't, bloody campers deserve to be flushed out anyways.

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum